All-on-4 can change your life and give you back 90% of your chewing function, your confidence and your smile. Patients who benefit most from this revolutionary and highly sophisticated system are those with dentures or with teeth so compromised, they have no option but to lose their remaining teeth and then select from several less-than-desirable scenarios.
Here's what it involves:
- State-of-the-art technologies such as CT Scanners are used to plot the location of just four implants in your jaw.
- In just one appointment any failing teeth are removed and the implants are placed by our specialist oral surgeons or visiting Professor.
- These implants form a sturdy base for a full arch of fixed teeth (bridge).
- The specialist prosthodontist carefully records where the implants are as well as your smile line and bite position.
- Our onsite dental laboratory makes the first bridge for you while you relax in our comfortable personal lounge.
- 2-3 hours later, the bridge is fitted.
- You walk out on the same day with a beautiful, natural, functional smile!
At our practice, we understand the impact a smile can have. We would never send you out without a complete smile. That's why we fit you with a temporary bridge which looks identical to your natural teeth, before we design and build the final bridge three to six months later. At each stage any changes you want can easily be incorporated.
We also offer sedation options for nervous patients, and in conjunction with the Spire Murrayfield we are one of the very few practices to be able to offer a general anaesthetic. The choice, of course, is yours. Dentistry doesn't have to be frightening! With modern sedatives and techniques, many patients will hardly know they've been in surgery.